This mentor coaching experience is built around cohorts of no more than three participants that network in a three day coaching and peer learning lab.
Who Coaching Cohorts are for:
Coaching Cohorts are offered for Executive Pastors that want a safe, personal and practical learning experience with a small group of people of similar hard wiring and calling.
Coaching Cohorts are also offered for Senior Pastors that don’t have an Executive Pastor, are considering hiring an Executive Pastor or desire to learn how to work collaboratively with their Executive Pastor.
What Participants Can Expect:
- Four nights and three days of coaching sessions facilitated by Jim Baker.
- Sessions focused on discussing the core structures for a healthy church, such as:
- Mission, Vision and Values clarity and alignment
- Staff and leader soul care and development
- Sustainable funding streams
- Staff structure, selection, evaluation and compensation
- Strategic planning, prioritization and decision making
- Change management
- Meaningful meetings
- Personal and organizational leadership
- Communication and messaging
- Measurements, budgets, systems and controls
- Sessions that drill down on needs, challenges and issues identified by the group, working together for possible solutions. Examples include:
- Poorly handled change
- Ineffective communication
- Bad hires and sub-standard performance
- Lack of clarity on direction and expectations; low morale
- Inadequate planning
- Poor prioritization
- Little or no delegation
- Ineffective leader development and accountability
- Lack of organizational alignment with mission and vision
- Inadequate systems, measurements and controls
- Poor decision making
- Dysfunctional organizational and governance structures
- Misuse of personal power and influence
- Constant fire-fighting and crisis management
- Contentious and ineffective church business and staff meetings
- A controlled setting with a small group of peer leaders that share best practices and appropriately challenge and encourage each other on their journey of church management and leadership.
- Direct access to Jim Baker between sessions.
- Focused times of soul care and re-creation.
- Supporting documents, templates and books.
- 30 day follow-up coaching session by phone or Skype.
Where and When Coaching Cohorts are Offered
Cohort participants meet and lodge in the adobe Casita next to the home of Jim and Lisa Baker 35 miles north of Santa Fe, New Mexico. Sessions also are held at the nearby Ghost Ranch Education and Retreat Center in the beautiful red rocks of Abiquiu, New Mexico.
- Email Jim at firstname.lastname@example.org for upcoming Coaching Cohort dates.
- The cost is $1500 per participant for the cohort experience
- Includes lodging, meals, coaching, books and materials
- Includes transportation to and from the Albuquerque or Santa Fe airport if required