Start, Stop, Continue Decision Making Worksheet
Start, Stop, Continue is a simple yet catalytic team building, feedback, and decision making exercise with a variety of applications that every church leader should have in their facilitation toolkit. Use this template to ask the following:
START: What should I/We start doing?
- Things that are not being done, but should be done
- Things that are new and worth trying or experimenting with
- Things we should do to be more effective and efficient
- Things that help address new realities or gaps
STOP: What should I/We stop doing?
- Things that are not working or contributing to desired results
- Things that are impeding progress, counterproductive, or are no longer practical
- Things that are no longer cost effective
- Things we or others dislike
CONTINUE: What should I/We continue doing?
- Things that are working well
- Things that show potential but need improving
- Things that we like or want to keep
- Pieces of processes or programs that we want to stop, but others we want to continue to avoid “throwing the baby out with the bath water”